Storage & Archive
Chime identifies attributes, volume, condition and media types to prioritize content storage and archiving. Then we create a storage hierarchy for optimization of costs by consolidating archive tagging and asset groupings. This enables reorganizing content for the creation of new dynamic collections and offerings.
Answers the Questions:
- What are my storage hierarchy needs, priorities, and costs?
- Is my content on the right media format to minimize storage costs but still allow for quick, effective access?
Business Challenges Solved:
- Creating an alternative to the industry “save everything” mandate from content producers that is currently driving storage costs to astronomical levels
- Formulating an effective storage hierarchy to determine what should be saved and which media format is most economical
- Decreasing costs by reducing duplication of tapes for multiple users.
- Tagging content for efficient categorizing and retrieval